1. a. What are the atomic number (Z), mass number (A), and symbol of the chlorine isotope with 18 neutrons?
b. How many protons, electrons, and neutrons are present in an atom of Cr-24?
c. What are the atomic number, mass number, and symbol for the carbon isotope with seven neutrons?
2. Write electron configurations for each element.
a. Mg b. P c. Br d. Al
3. Write electron configurations for each element.
a. Cl b. Si c. Sr d. O
4. Write the orbital diagram for sulfur and determine the number of unpaired electrons.
5. Write the orbital diagram for Ar and determine the number of unpaired electrons.
6. Write the electron configuration for Ge. Identify the valence electrons and the core electrons.
7. On the basis of periodic trends, choose the larger atom in each pair (if possible):
a. Sn or I b. Ge or Po c. Cr or W d. F or Se
8. Write the electron configuration and orbital diagram for each ion and determine whether each is diamagnetic or
a. Al3+ b. S2– c. Fe3+
9. Choose the larger atom or ion from each pair.
a. S or S2– b. Ca or Ca2+ c. Br – or Kr
10. On the basis of periodic trends, determine which element in each pair has the higher first ionization energy (if possible).
a. Al or S b. As or Sb c. N or Si d. O or Cl
11. What are the atomic number (Z), mass number (A), and symbol of the chorine isotope with 18 neutrons?
12. How many protons, electrons and neutrons are present in an atom of 52 Cr?
13. How many protons and neutrons are present in an atom of 39 K?
14. Copper has two naturally occurring isotpoes: Cu-63 with a mass of 62. 9291 amu and a natural abundance of 69.71%. and Cu-65 with a mass of 64.9278 amu and a natural abundance of 30.83%. Calculate the atomic mass of Cu.
15. The 3 particles of the atom are:
a. ________________________ b. ________________________ c. ________________________
Their respective charges are:
16. The number of protons in one atom of an element determines the atom’s ____________________, and the number of electrons determines the _________________________ of the element.
17. The atomic number tells you the number of ___________________________ in one atom of an element. It also tells you the number of __________________________ in a neutral atom of that element. The atomic number gives the “identity” of an element as well as its location on the periodic table. No two different elements will have the ____________________ atomic number.
18. The ______________________ of an element is the average mass of an element’s naturally occurring atom, or isotopes, taking into account the ____________________ of each isotope.
19. The _______________________ of an element is the total number of protons and neutrons in the ___________________ of the atom.
20. The mass number is used to calculate the number of ______________________ in one atom of an element. In order to calculate the number of neutrons you must subtract the ______________________ from the ___________________.
21. Given the elements name and its mass number give the complete isotopic symbol and the number of neutrons for the following:
22. Give the element symbol of and the number of electrons in a neutral atom of:
23. Name the element which has the following numbers of particles:
a. 26 electrons, 26 protons _________________________
b. 53 protons, 74 neutrons __________________________
c. 2 electrons (neutral atoms) ____________________________
d. 20 protons _____________________________
e. 86 electrons, 125 neutrons, 82 protons ____________________________
f. 0 neutrons _______________________________
24. If you know ONLY the following information can you ALWAYS determine what the element is? (Yes/No)
a. Number of protons ____________________________
b. Number of neutrons ___________________________
c. Number of electrons in a neutral atom ___________________________
d. Number of electrons _________________________
Welcome to one of the bestassignmenthelpcompanies online .
· Do you want to order for a customized assignment help task?
· Click on the order now button
· Set up your topic, Fix the number of pages, Fix your Order instructions
· Set up your deadline, upload the necessary files required to complete the task, Complete the payment.
We delivery high quality and non plagiarized tasks within the stipulated time given