B.S. in Healthcare Management
Program Learning Outcomes
- Critically appraise the context and quality of healthcare delivery inside and outside of the United States.
- Evaluate health-related research and research methods.
- Analyze how population health impacts healthcare (including behavioral, demographic, and cultural factors).
- Explain how different factors impact the delivery of healthcare services (including technology, legal, and ethical factors).
- Evaluate the inter-professional approach to healthcare delivery.
- Articulate critical issues in acute and long-term care from the perspective of patient and practitioner.
- Analyze evidence-based factors that impact a health care organization’s performance, quality, and safety.
- Apply foundational healthcare economic evaluation and financial management skills.
- Apply strategic planning methods to healthcare organizations (including planning, implementing, and marketing).
- Evaluate human resource methods of managing healthcare employees.
- Demonstrate an understanding of healthcare financial issues (including insurance, reimbursement, and prospective payment).