Week 8 Assignment – Business-Level and Corporate-Level Strategies
In this assignment, you are to use the same corporation you selected for the assignments in Weeks 3 and 6. You will examine business and corporate-level strategies and their impact on corporate success comparable to the competitive environment.This assignment requires the use of three or more quality resources, including your textbook. Use any or all of the following resources to conduct research on the chosen corporation:
- The corporations website.
- Public filings from the Securities and Exchange Commission’s page.
- Strayer University’s .
- The .
- Other credible sources, such as the corporation’s annual report, will often provide insights that other resources may not include.
- It is expected that you will use your textbook as a resource for this assignment.
- Read the before starting the assignment. Refer back to this document as needed.
- Review the scoring guide (rubric) in the course guide before starting the assignment.
- Download and save the .
- Use the template to write a 4-6 page academic research paper in which you include the following:
Step 1: Assess one business-level strategy you believe to be most appropriate for the corporation’s long-term success. Support your position with specific evidence.Step 2: Assess one corporate-level strategy you believe to be most appropriate for the corporation’s long-term success. Support your position with specific evidence.Step 3: Analyze the competitive environment to determine the corporation’s most significant competitor. Include a comparison of the business and corporate-level strategies for both corporations (your selected corporation and the competitor.)
- Based on your analysis, conclude which corporation (your selected corporation or its competitor) is most likely to be successful in the long term. Support your determination with at least three pieces of evidence.
Step 4: Determine whether your corporation or its most significant competitor would differ in slow-cycle and fast-cycle markets. Support your position with specific evidence.
- Use three or more quality sources, including your textbook, to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. (Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources)