– Business Process Re-engineering
Task: View the content of the Business Process Re-engineering video provided and host a 20 – 30 minute presentation about BPR. Describe what it is and how it works. The team will produce a PPT and run an interactive activity with the rest of the class.
The team will be required to link BPR to a well-known business and demonstrate how it is used to ensure operational success.
MARKING CRITERIA – Teams will be marked for the quality of their answer.
Answer quality can score up to 12 marks
1.Effective preparation is evident including research of additional information about BPR (3)
2.Demonstrate adequate knowledge of the topic area (3)
3.Evidence of critical thinking about the topic (3)
4.Discussion is appropriately linked to a relevant Organisation (3)
All Team members are required to participate in delivery of the learning activity.
Facilitation can score up to 8 marks
1.Delivery of an appropriate learning activity taking a creative approach (2)
2.Develop suitable learning resources for the audience (2)
3.Effective team work in delivery – participation of all team members & time management (2)
4.Evidence of attempts to develop audience active interaction and participation (2)
Participation – You must attend and participate in all workshops for 5 marks (5%)
EXAMPLES – Plan your Class Activity: Use your Environment!
How do you want to present your topic in a 20-30 minute class activity? In your teams you have choice to consider whether you want to use audio-visual materials, the Internet, interactive discussion, group activities, and games – see examples of possible activity options:
• GAMES (physical, virtual/ online, or, a blend of both)
• QUIZ WITH DISCUSSION (physical, online, or a blended quiz activity with questions)
• FULLY ONLINE ACTIVITY (audio-visual, social media, interactive in-and-out of class activity)
• ROLE PLAY (creative discussion where the team members play organisational staff roles)
• WHITEBOARD DISCUSSION/ DIAGRAMMING (visual discussion – drawing / diagrams)
• PUZZLE DISCUSSION ACTIVITY (group-work puzzling out of issue/ problem/ opportunity)
• INTERACTIVE CASE DISCUSSION (case application of the Management Issue analysis model)
• BUILDING TREASURE HUNT (activity with milestones/ competition and debrief)
• DEBATE (two sides, for and against of particular theoretical/ model arguments)
• PEER COLLABORATIVE ACTIVITY (Think-pair-share – case/ text reading, writing and discussion)
You do not have to use any of these options if you do not feel it is appropriate for your analysis. You can choose your own, or something else, however, it is advised to consult with your Tutor.