- You have applied for a job with a local bank. As part of its evaluation process, you must take an examination on time value of money analysis covering the following questions:
- What’s the future value of Br.10,000 after 3 years if it earns 4%, quarterly compounding?
- What is the future value of a 3-year, Br.200 ordinary annuity if the annual interest rate is 4%?
- A 20-year-old student wants to save Br.5 a day for her retirement. Every day she places Br.5 in a drawer. At the end of each year, she invests the accumulated savings (Br.1,825) in a bank account with an expected annual interest of 10%. If she keeps saving in this manner, how much will she have accumulated at age 60?
- Mr. Belay plans to send his son for higher studies abroad after 8 years. He expects the cost of these studies to be Br.1,000,000. How much should he save annually to have a sum of Br.1,000,000 at the end of 10 years, if the interest rate is 15 percent?
- Construct an amortization schedule for a Br.1,000, 5% annual interest loan with three equal installments.
You recently went to work for a Components Company, a supplier of auto repair parts. Your boss, the chief financial officer (CFO), has just handed you the estimated cash flows for two proposed projects. Project 1 involves adding a new item to the firm’s ignition system line; it would take some time to build up the market for this product, so the cash inflows would increase over time. Project 2 involves an add-on to an existing line, and its cash flows would decrease over time. Both projects have 3-year lives because the company is planning to introduce entirely new models after 3 years. Here are the projects’ net cash flows:
|Year||Project 1||Project 2|
The CFO also made subjective risk assessments of each project, and he concluded that both projects have risk characteristics that are similar to the firm’s average project. The company’s required rate of return is 10%. You must determine whether one or both of the projects should be accepted.
- Compute each project’s payback and discounted payback period?
- What is the rationale for the payback method?
- According to the payback criterion, which project(s) should be accepted if the firm’s maximum acceptable payback is 2 years, if Projects 1 and 2 are independent, if Projects 1 and 2 are mutually exclusive?
- What are the two main disadvantages of discounted payback
- What is each project’s NPV?
- According to NPV, which project(s) should be accepted if they are independent?
- Explain the advantage of NPV.
- What is each project’s profitability index?
- According to the profitability index, which project(s) should be accepted if they are independent? Mutually exclusive?
Welcome to one of the bestassignmenthelpcompanies online .
· Do you want to order for a customized assignment help task?
· Click on the order now button
· Set up your topic, Fix the number of pages, Fix your Order instructions
· Set up your deadline, upload the necessary files required to complete the task, Complete the payment.
We delivery high quality and non plagiarized tasks within the stipulated time given