Watch the following Youtube Video of a fellow classmate https://youtu.be/b3pGSZVWcMM
Then write a case conference. The case conference involves the following four parts:
First consider and write out your responses to the following 3 questions:
1. Your client (biopsychosocial + spiritual) and environment (micro, mezzo, and macro)
2. Your tentative hypothesis about your client’s circumstances
3. What interventions might be helpful based on theory and research (Cite your sources here. Must be evidence-based articles from the United States.)
Please complete a SOAP or DAP note to summarize your client contact.
The SOAP or DAP note is to be written as though it is to go into the client’s chart, while the answers to the questions relate to your personal reflection about your work and what you might say to your supervisor about your work. Therefore, keeping these two documents separate represent two distinct purposes of each document and how you should be thinking about them in preparation.
Part 3 Answer the following questions.
1. What skills learned from this class did you use to prepare to see your client?
2. Give a brief overview of how you applied the Generalist Intervention Model (GIM) with your client.
3. What was one potential ethical issue that could have or did arise with your client? How would you or did you respond?
4. How did cultural diversity apply in working with your client?
5. Is there anything you wish you had done differently with your client?
You must use your two textbooks: Cournoyer, B. R. (2017). The social work skills workbook (8th ed.). Cengage Learning.
Kirst-Ashman, K. K., & Hull, G. J. H. (2018). Empowerment series: Understanding generalist practice (8th ed.). Cengage Learning.
Then one source must cite an article or journal for your intervention question in part 1.