Case Objective: Before beginning this assignment, review the materials posted in the “Assignments” section of the Canvas website. Each student (this is not a team assignment) will analyze the “We Gave Them a Tool, but Hardly Anyone’s Using It! Untangling the Knowledge Management Dilemma at TPA” case study (link provided below). The case study costs $8.95 and is available for download at the Harvard Business School website here:
The case’s questions are provided in this document and must be answered completely. The structure of these questions is not such that direct answers can be found in the case study itself. Rather, the nature of questions is to evaluate the issues of the case BEYOND the facts presented.
is class and/or from other courses. PLEASE do not limit your analysis to the information provided in the case. Tables, graphs and charts are provided in cases for specific reasons; please consider these carefully. Data may be contained in some of these tables that are either directly related to the issues of the case, or need to be manipulated in order to expose problems/solutions. NOTE: Case studies often take places years ago due to the time it takes to publish them. Please do NOT look up what happened in the case since the time it ended. Whatever did happen is not an indication, necessarily, of what should have happened. You are to place yourself into the time frame at the end of the case and analyze it from that perspective.
Case Study Written Format: • 12 point Times New Roman font with 1” top, bottom & side margins, double-spaced (one point deducted if not followed)
• Cover Page (with title of the course, the title of the case study, the student’s name and the date of submission: one point deducted if not followed)
• Table of Contents (one point deducted if not followed)
• Please clearly indicate which question is being responded to by labeling their respective number, as follows (one point deducted if not followed):
• As there is research in this paper, citations, references and/or footnotes should be made throughout the paper to identify sources for facts presented using the APA format. This includes a “References” section. Here is a website URL that provides details about APA guidelines: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ (Links to an external site.)
All personal opinions of students should be substantiated by identifying the third-party evidence that led to such conclusions. NOTE: Even though this paper requires APA citation, there is no need for an Abstract for this paper!
• The research sources used for this paper must be “credible”. This does NOT include Blogs, Wikis, Discussion Boards (though these types of sites could be used to FIND credible sources) and/or sources older than January 1, 2017.
• Case Questions (responses should be at least 1 – 3 pages, each, but not limited to this length): •
• 1. At the end of the case, Rita smiles. It would seem as if she has a better grasp about the issues surrounding the lack of use of SharePointProject. Identify four issues you think exist and why. Make sure to label each issue using numbers 1 – 4. •
• 2. With regards to the four issues you identified in the first question above, how would you go about attempting to resolve them? •
• 3. If TPA chooses NOT to keep SharePointProject, what are two other possible options? This will require some research. •
• 4. Given your analysis of this situation, what is your final recommendation: keep SharePointProject or switch to another option (indicating which option you suggest). Why do you recommend this?