Learning Goal: I’m working on a case studies case study and need the explanation and answer to help me learn.
From Reading answer the questions below.
Please answer the following questions as part of the graded assignment. Please make sure to upload your answer before the class starts:
Questions for this assignment are on the supporting reading (On Writing Cases Well) and the main case.
Please therefore read this supporting article well and answer the following questions on both the supporting reading and on the Case itself:
1. Please list some of the attributes according to the article that make an effective business case
2. Look at the main case- this case is considered a case classic. Which of these attributes of an effective case you listed above do you detect in this? Please explain your answer and elaborate where you see these?
3. This case was constructed with a teaching purpose- the supporting reading mentions the importance of this. Explain in your own words what you think the teaching purpose of this case is?
4. The supporting readings mention a “field case”- we often refer to cases being wither “field cases” or “desktop/library cases”- what do you think is the difference between the two? Feel free to also “Google” an answer to this question and do some quick research. What are the pros and cons of each type of case?
5. Look at the actual case: what do you think about the use of exhibits? Do you have any comments on the use of exhibits in this case and in general?
6. How does the case end? How did this make you feel?