Locate an article describing a collective bargaining situation that has arisen within the year. This article should be from a newspaper, an academic journal, or a credible online news source (try searching “collective bargaining in the news”). Attach the article or give the link. Use a minimum of two additional references from the course materials to support your discussion and to respond to the questions in the assignment. Use headings to separate the sections of the paper, double-space, and Times New Roman font, cover page, page numbers, and APA format.
1. Identify your main article:
- Using APA guidelines state the proper citation for the article.
2. Respond to these questions:
- What is the nature of the collective bargaining dispute?
- What are the underlying causes of the dispute?
- What economic or ethical pressures has each side attempted to use to prevail in the dispute?
- If there is any evidence of any illegal or unethical conduct on either side, describe it in detail.
- Was the dispute resolved? If so, how? If not, what are the possible resolutions?
- What, if any, role was played by third parties in resolving this bargaining dispute? What was the identity of the third party?
- In retrospect, could this dispute have been resolved in a more constructive fashion? If so, how?