Explain the justification for accelerated methods of depreciation.
2. Compute depreciation expense using the double-declining balance method.
3. Realize that the overall impact on net income is not affected by a particular cost allocation pattern.
4. Describe the units-of-production method, including its advantages and disadvantages.
5. Compute depletion expense for a wasting asset such as an oil well or a forest of trees.
6. Explain the reason that depletion amounts are not directly recorded as an expense.