In this assignment, you are a law enforcement officer for your local community. You have been dispatched to an unwanted party at a local bar. Upon arrival, the bartender points out the intoxicated subject causing the disturbance by the foosball table. The bartender requests that the subject leave the bar.
Watch this that depicts the subjects initial interaction with you as a law enforcement office.
copy and paste this link into browser to watch video
Develop a minimum one-page report, written in first-person, past tense, chronological order that includes the following:
- Date, time, and location of the incident (use your creativity).
- The nature of the call (e.g., unwanted subject) and the subjects demeanor.
- Description of the interaction with the subject by addressing the following questions:
- How did you introduce yourself to this subject?
- How did you ask for identification?
- What two options did you provide to get the subject to leave?
- What did you say to convince the subject to leave and avoid arrest?
- Explanation of the conflict resolution skills you used that resulted in compliance.
- Concludes with the subject willingly leaving the bar.
- Use professional language with correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document.