Welcome to Lesson 5!
This week we continue with the Government influence in the economy by studying the Monetary Policy of the Federal Reserve and the Fiscal Policy of congress and the President.
In this lesson, you will learn about Monetary policy and the Federal Reserve.
- Review Appendix E at the end of Chapter 16 (page 371).
- Lesson assignment: upload your answers in a one-page Word document.
- Explain how the multiplier effect tends to amplify the effects of fiscal policy on aggregate demand. Explain how a decrease in government purchases or an increase in taxes shifts the aggregate-demand curve to the left.
- Explain how a decrease in government purchases or an increase in taxes shifts the aggregate-demand curve to the left.
- Upload your answers in a one-page word document.
Much has been studied about the impact of Monetary policy.
Using MS Word, write a response to the following: The economy is at a standstill; consumers are not spending. What policy measure do you think the Fed (Monetary Authority) should take to get the economy going and put more money in the hands of consumers?
Upload in Moodle.
Remember: All writing must be supported by academic literature and will be in APA format during this course. You must cite each sentence in which you used materials from your academic literature. Your work will be checked for academic integrity by the Turnitin system. For a great breakdown of academic literature, please visit:
Do not use Wikipedia, Ask.com, Articlebase, businessdictionary.com, eHow, smallbusiness.chron.com, slideshare, referenceforbusiness.com, or term paper websites. From time-to-time, the professor may point out other sources that are not reliable academic sources.
Upload your task using one Word file.