Interview a Director in Healthcare about ethics in healthcare Compliance: a) describe philosophical and theoretical principles that are fundamental in promoting ethical behavior in the workplace, b) identify common regulations governing the healthcare industry, 3) articulate strategies for ensuring legal and regulatory compliance, and d) analyze strategic and operational activities that place the organization at risk for compliance violations. The assignment occurs in two parts. The first part is an interview with an executive-level leader currently working in healthcare. The second is a written analysis that demonstrates progress towards identified learner outcomes. Project Overview and Timeline Activities Due Date(s)
Part 1: Leader Interview Identify a healthcare leader to participate in an interview about organizational ethics and healthcare compliance
Field Work Interview Identify an executive-level leader currently working in healthcare who is willing to participate in an interview on the topics of organizational ethics and healthcare compliance. The selected leader must be at the level of director or above and working in any discipline in healthcare (e.g. finance, strategy, practice management, operations, compliance, etc.) Contact the leader, describe the project and schedule a 60-minute virtual interview. Post the leader’s name, position, organization, contact information and interview date to the corresponding discussion thread in Week 3.
To prepare for the interview, develop an interview guide that includes 8 to 10 interview questions taking into consideration the relevant learner outcomes. Learners are encouraged to include additional questions on topics 2 of interest relevant to organizational ethics and healthcare compliance.
The scoring rubric provides additional guidance. The written analysis should be between 6 and 8 pages in length excluding the cover page and reference list. At least 10 scholarly sources should inform the analysis. Field Work – Written Analysis Scoring Rubric Evaluation Metrics Weight The written analysis demonstrates the learner’s ability to: 70%
• Describe philosophical and theoretical principles that are fundamental in promoting ethical behavior in the workplace. This includes leadership styles and approaches that build a culture of compliance.
• Identify common regulations governing the healthcare industry
• Articulate strategies for ensuring legal and regulatory compliance
• Analyze strategic and operational activities that place the organization at risk for compliance violations
• Develop solid conclusions about organizational ethics and healthcare compliance. Written analysis reflects graduate-level scholarship: 20%
• Critical analysis and application of scholarly sources that expand the learner’s thinking on the topic(s)
• Proper format and style (per APA guidelines)
• Graduate-level organization, prose, grammar and structure that is error free.