Examine Cultural Competence Write a brief essay on the importance of cultural competence in 21st-century schools. For this essay, summarize, analyze, and evaluate the readings/resources (attached) on the importance of cultural competence and sensitivity.
Apply what you learned from the readings (attached) to the issues surrounding diverse learners in your local school and community contexts. For example, you might consider which ethnic and religious groups face bias and discrimination and have inequitable access to education in your area. Length: 2-3 pages References: Include a minimum of 3 scholarly resources. Assignment 2: Reflect on Cultural Competence and Sensitivity Write a reflective journal focusing on your background and upbringing as it relates to cultural and familial norms. Norms are actions and beliefs that are accepted as “NORMal” behaviors by a group or society (Lundin, 2019). Consider the following questions as you complete this assignment:
1. What cultural norms and familial norms did you grow up with?
2. What has changed for you or stayed the same?
3. What has changed or stayed the same for others in your community and/or the students you teach?
4. Considering the issues of implicit bias, personal identity, and changing times, has anything surprised you or made you uncomfortable? Why might this have surprised you?
5. What would you like to learn more about and explore further regarding cultural and familial norms?