This link is a place to ask questions about our class. If your question is content related, please post it here. I check this every day. Most likely you are not the only one with that question, and it may be very helpful for other students to see my response. If your question is of a personal nature, please email me directly. Otherwise, post your question by replying to this thread or create a new thread here. If you have questions about technology or you are having difficulty logging into our class, please do the following: 1. Call our 24-hour Blackboard help desk at 1-855-412-3717 – They will help you right away. Do not wait until you are frustrated or upset. If in doubt, call. 2. Make sure you get a “Ticket Number” from them then let me know and please include the Ticket Number. Please remember that I am here to help you succeed; hot/ever, you are responsible for your own behavior. Choose to succeed!
Psychopathology Paper Psychological Disorders: For this assessment, you are asked to think about the current medical model of mental illness.
• Select a celebrity or famous individual who has been diagnosed with a disorder. (You can also write about yourself, family member. character in a movie) •
Describe the diagnosis, discuss how the person fits and does not fit that diagnosis as described in the e-book or online source. • What is the quality of their life living with this disorder?
o In what way has the disorder impeded or limited their success?
o In what way did it enhance their success? •
Find one article that discusses this disorder and how the article’s discussion of the diagnosis compares to the behaviors the individual displays?
• What treatments are there for the disorder •
If you were suffering from this disorder, what would you need from society and what would you need from people close to you. Celebrities who suffer from mental illness. .
For this assignment, you are expected to meet the following requirements:
• Title page: Include your name, course, date. and instructor. •
Reference: Textbook, one or more popular articles.
• Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
• APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (sixth edition) style and formatting. • Length of paper: 1.5 words typed, double-spaced pages.
• Font and font-size: Times New Roman, 12 point. •
Submit your paper to the assignment area for grading.