Course Title: Managerial Accounting and Legal Aspects of Business Competency Assessment Title: Flexible Budget Assignment Directions Review the scenario and complete the activity below. Use Excel®—showing all work and formulas—to complete the following:
• Prepare a flexible budget.
• Compute the sales volume variance and the variable cost volume variances based on a comparison between the master budget and the flexible budget.
• Compute flexible budget variances by comparing the flexible budget with the actual results. Mr. Snow was extremely upset with the budget deficit. He immediately called you, the treasurer, to complain about the budget variance for the meal cost. He told you that the added dessert caused the meal cost to be $4,810 ($25,110 – $20,300) over budget. He added, “I could expect a couple hundred dollars one way or the other, but several thousand is totally unacceptable. At the next budget meeting of the budget committee, I want you to explain what happened.” Create a 6- to 8-slide presentation for the budget committee meeting showing your findings and recommendations from your computations. Complete the following in your presentation:
• Summarize the results of the sales volume and variable cost volume variances computations based on the comparison between the master budget and the flexible budget.
• Summarize the results of the flexible budget variances computations based on the comparison between the flexible budget and the actual results.
• Justify the favorable or unfavorable budget variances.
• Since this is a not-for-profit organization, address why anyone should be concerned with meeting the budget.
• Make recommendations for what can be done differently to stay on budget for future luncheons. Provide specific examples to support your recommendations.
• Include detailed speaker notes.
Welcome to one of the bestassignmenthelpcompanies online .
· Do you want to order for a customized assignment help task?
· Click on the order now button
· Set up your topic, Fix the number of pages, Fix your Order instructions
· Set up your deadline, upload the necessary files required to complete the task, Complete the payment.
We delivery high quality and non plagiarized tasks within the stipulated time given