Weekly Reflection Paper Guidelines: Reflection papers are designed to formally consider what you have been learning and to organize it through writing. Remember that I am allowing you to write in first person for the reflections.
Papers must be typed, double-spaced, Times-New-Roman, 12-point font, and one-inch margins.
- Papers should be at least 1-2 pages long
- Writing should use formal language and correct spelling and punctuation
- Topics reflected upon may include any information covered in class or in the reading assignment for the week
- Papers may take 1 or 2 topics and examine them deeply, or more topics examined in less detail
- When writing, consider the following:
- What have we studied that is interesting?
- What new things have you learned?
- How has your learning affected preconceptions or misconceptions you brought with you into class?
- How does your learning affect you view of the world and the universe?
- Will what you have learned change your professional behavior in the future?
Ultimately writing these papers encourage you to find what is meaningful to you and thus it adds value to your learning. Do not simply outline or summarize the material we have covered.