Portfolio task 2 Group Decision Making (approx. 300 words): ‘Are group decisions more accurate than individual decisions?
- Based on activity in Workshop in Week 6
- You need to support your argument in response to the title with references from this week’s reading.
Outline of what to include for this task in the portfolio
- Include: Title and references (not counted in word count)
- Don’t include: Section headings/abstract/statistical tests
- Background to the study including references to literature (approx. 50 words)
- What was done (approx. 75 words)
- What was found – descriptive statistics (approx. 75 words)
- Explanation of findings in light of group dynamics and in relation to the published literature (approx. 150 words)
A replication of Hall and Watson (1970)
- Making decisions individually (Individual -NASA discrepancy score)
- Discussion to reach group consensus
- Group decision (Group -NASA discrepancy score)
- Hypothesis: Group discussion improves decision making
- Compare averaged Individual-NASA discrepancy scores with Group-NASA discrepancy score to test this