FROM AN Organization from the world of hospitality and tourism and carry out an analysis of their current and recent strategic performance, relating the strategies employed back to the core concepts of strategic management.
IN THIS CASE THE ORGANIZATION IS LUFTHANSAN AIRLINE
Learning Outcomes and Transferable Skills
1. Interpret current hospitality trends and shifts in terms of emerging markets, business models, and changing market focus
2. Critically appraise hospitality industry’s opportunities and challenges for business development and strategy implementation
3. Identify the resources and capabilities needed for effective governance and management of a hospitality company
4. Incorporate an institutional perspective to the designing of hospitality strategies including ethical, multicultural and corporate dimensions.
5. Apply models of strategy, market entry and current industry trends in strategic alliances and mergers and acquisitions to construct an international strategy plan