Incivility, violence, and bullying in the workplace are a hot issue in nursing, with bullying and incivility prevalent in all settings. According to Yoder-Wise (2018), incivility and bullying have become widespread in nursing education as well as clinical settings. Nursing has reported an increase in the number of incidents in incivility in the last quarter resulting in a decrease in job satisfaction. You have been tasked with presenting to administration why this type of behavior in the workplace should be resolved.
The ANA states any form of violence, from any source, should not be tolerated in the nursing profession, and employers and nurse must adopt evidence-based strategies that avert and lessen workplace violence, bullying, and incivility; and promote wellness, safety, health and best possible outcomes in health care. Inpatient and outpatient settings and also schools of nursing are required to provide a safe practice environment whereby nurses do not encounter workplace violence (Cherly, 2019).
You will create a PowerPoint presentation of your plan with a “script” in the Notes section below each slide, as if you are presenting this to an audience. Your script must be in the Notes section that is below each slide within your PowerPoint presentation. See the Resource tab for examples. These will be your speaker notes as if you are presenting your PowerPoint to an audience. You MUST have a notes section for your slides.
• Introduction Clear statement of a scenario (problem) and proposed change and rationale
• SWOT Analysis Clear identification of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats associated with implementing or failing to implement the proposed plan
• Action Plan Each of these components addressed in detail
• Change Theory Model
• Steps and processes
• Communication plan
• Leadership styles
• Management functions
• Budget requirements/ implications
• Steps to assure staff compliance
• Decision-Making Process Analysis of the decision- making process used, including effective/ineffective processes and what you would change in the future
• References At least 3 references to professional literature, with correct APA citations