Intercultural Field Experience and Research Paper
This assignment requires that you engage with and learn about a culture that is different from your own. The important consideration here is involvement, not just as a bystander or observer, but engagement with people from a cultural group other than your own.
Attendance at cultural events or rituals, spending time at places where people from the culture hang out, along with interviews of people from the culture are excellent ways to engage with the cultural group you select. As you do your field experience, you will also support your understanding of the culture through research.
For this assignment students are required to write a five-seven page (double-spaced) paper that includes:
1) A description of the cultural experiences
2) Analysis of the experience using theories and concepts from the course
3) Support for field research through library resources (minimum 7 sources, 5 of which must be scholarly)
4) A summary of reflections on what you have learned from the experience
5) References or Works Cited Required (APA)