List all of the building classes under the Building Classification Codes (supply headings only).
2. Which are the two domestic building classes?
3. What is the classification of your building?
4. What are the Australian Standards, National Construction Code (NCC) and statutory planning regulations applicable to your project classification, with regard to the following: (a) Minimum room sizes (b) Ceiling heights for habitable and non-habitable rooms (c) Natural light and ventilation for rooms (d) Height of ceilings above stairs and ramps (e) Mechanical ventilation of non-habitable rooms.
5. What is the difference between load bearing and non-load bearing built interior elements?
Provide two examples of both.
6. List the step-by-step construction process for residential buildings.
7. Briefly explain how the following materials are used in the process to build a residential building: • Beams • Trusses • Concrete • Glass • Masonry • Steel • Timber • Weatherboard
8. What are the specific methods and sequences of construction for the interior elements involved in the refurbishment of a wet area (laundry and unsuited)?
9. Research and list at least 10 materials, (hardware and fixtures) you could use in the construction and installation of built-in cabinetry (in the unsuited)/