The central questions for the interview project are as follows:
1. How do people experience race and racism in their everyday lives?
2. How do people learn about race and racism?
3. How do experiences in everyday contexts shape racial identity?
Upload the transcript to Blackboard
Capsule Component Due Date Possible Points
Interview Reflection Paper May 15, 2022 40 points
Total points 50 points
The Interview Reflection Paper includes the following components:
Pt I: Introduction 5 points
In this section, you will provide a brief overview of your interview experience.
• Who did you interview? Briefly discuss some of the topics you discussed during your interview.
Pt II: Answering a guiding question 20 points
In this section, you will respond to one of the guiding questions by using data points/excerpts from the interview.
• What is the guiding question you chose to focus on in this section?
• What did your interviewee say about this topic?
o Present two (2) data points from the interview that illustrate the interviewee’s perspective on this topic.
o Explain how each data point provides insight on your topic.
• See note below about presenting qualitative data in writing
Pt III: Reflections: 10 points
In this section, you will reflect on two items
• Briefly summarize what you learned about race and racism in this person’s life.
• If you had the opportunity to do this interview again, what would you do differently?
Why would you make this change? How would this change affect the interview?
Are there any questions you’d ask differently?
Writing Requirements 5 points
• Interesting title for the Interview Capsule
• Free from spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors
• Word count: 750 – 1,000 words
• Double-spaced, 12-point font