- Choose ONE of the core values listed below to write about:
Early childhood educators (teachers):
- Appreciate childhood as a unique and valuable stage of the human life cycle.
- Base our work on knowledge of how children develop and learn.
- Recognize that children are best understood and supported in the context of family, culture, community, and society.
- Respect the dignity, worth, and uniqueness of each individual (child, family member, and colleagues)
- Respect diversity in children, families, and colleagues
- Recognize that children and adults achieve their full potential in the context of relationships that are based on trust and respect
3. Write in paragraph form, at least 200 words. (Note: these directions are about 200 words!)
4. Explain what the core value means to you:
- How does it relate to your childhood experience?
- How would you include the value when teaching/caring for young children?