Tropical deforestation is a result of a number of human activities including
commercial logging, fuel wood collection, cattle ranching, large-scale development projects, and agriculture.
In this essay, you are required to:
(i) Identify the most important types of activities that currently contribute to tropical deforestation, and compare how these factors differentially influene deforestation across regions.
(ii) Describe the environmental implications of deforestation.
(iii) Summarize the economic and/or market mechanisms used to reduce forest degradation.
1. Geist, H.J and Lambin, E.F. (2002). Proximate causes and underlying driving forces of tropical deforestation. BioScience, 52(2), 143-150.
2. Kummer, D. and Turner, B. (1994). The human causes of deforestation in Southeast Asia. BioScience, 44, 323-328.
3. Nepstad, D., Soares-Filho, B.S., Merry, F. et al. (2009). The end of deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon. Science, 326, 1350-1351.
4. Rudel, T.K., Defries, R. Asner, G.P. and Laurance, W.F. (2009). Changing drivers of deforestation and new opportunities for conservation. Conservation Biology, 23, 1396-1405.
Welcome to one of the best assignments to help companies online .
· Do you want to order for a customized assignment help task?
· Click on the order now button
· Set up your topic, Fix the number of pages, Fix your Order instructions
· Set up your deadline, upload the necessary files required to complete the task, Complete the payment.
We delivery high quality and non plagiarized tasks within the stipulated time given