DNPU 705 Health Communication
Proactive Health Communication Campaign
This course aligns with the Program Learning Outcome 8: Advanced Practice Nursing at the practice level (American Association of Colleges of Nursing VIII) and meets the following Course Learning Objectives.
Course Learning Objective 4: Critique decision-making processes involved in health risk and crisis communication; Course Learning Objective 5: Deconstruct social perceptions of health, demonstrating awareness of the cultural meaning of health and health promotion communication; Course Learning Objective 6: Create a health communication campaign
Be sure to review all rubric criteria prior to submitting your assignment.
Through the use of scholarly formats and multimedia, the student will create a Proactive Health Communication Campaign highlighting communication methods for a specific health topic. Health Communication Campaigns are used locally and globally to bring attention to health issues, along with a call to action. Development and implementation of health communication campaigns are examples of DNP Essentials.
The Proactive Health Communication Campaign allows you to address a population and health issue; then summarize and highlight how you could use multimedia methods to communicate the health issue and engage the population in your solution. While content is important, the primary focus here is how health messages can be communicated in a way that engages the audience. This is not a paper, it is a narrated video presentation highlighting different ways of getting your message out. The plan does not have to be implemented.
This “Health Campaign of the Week” features Safe Sleep for Babies, a CDC website with great examples of how one campaign encompasses many methods:
Step 1: Choose the tools to create your narrated video presentation i.e. Prezi, Powerpoint, You Tube, Screencast-o-matic, Google Slides etc.
Step 2: Create your presentation:
- Title Slide: name, title, course, date.
- Introduce your topic. Give an overview of the “agenda” of the presentation.
c. Describe a county and a subpopulation that is considered at risk. See http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/using-the-rankings-data/exploring-the-data#peer
- Describe, in detail, the health risks, health crisis, or health promotion issues you will address in your plan. This should answer the questions “What is happening” and “Why is this campaign important?” This is not an overview of disease processes.
- Apply your health theory or concept – be specific on how the theory is used in approaching the health issue. Why is this a good theoretical approach?
- Describe in detail your multimedia presentation/campaign that addresses the health issue or issues. Give examples of the different multimedia
approaches you would use, and describe them. You must describe and discuss all materials and attachments in the presentation. You may include photos, give links, or attach copies of your multimedia examples.
- Include a resources slide with additional information.
- Mechanics: Format and APA references. Presentation works, has audio, clear delivery. Length: 10 minutes maximum
Step 3: Record your presentation i.e. i.e. Zoom, Kaltura, You Tube. Be sure to double check your privacy/permissions for viewers so anyone with the link can view it.
Step 4: Upload the link to your Proactive Health Communication Plan video to Live Text: https://www.livetext.com/
Resources in Blackboard:
- Tutorials for using Zoom are in the Blackboard course landing page, under the Course Materials Tab o Tutorials for using Kaltura are also in Blackboard, located below the weekly assignments tabs.
The final deliverable will be a narrated video presentation. Record your presentation i.e. Zoom, Kaltura, You Tube, Screencast-o-matic, Prezi. Length: 10 minutes maximum. Please use proper APA Standards formatting and referencing. Submit your video to LiveText no later than Sunday by midnight and refer to the rubric for grading expectations.
Welcome to one of the bestassignmenthelpcompanies online .
· Do you want to order for a customized assignment help task?
· Click on the order now button
· Set up your topic, Fix the number of pages, Fix your Order instructions
· Set up your deadline, upload the necessary files required to complete the task, Complete the payment.
We delivery high quality and non plagiarized tasks within the stipulated time given