- Select a specific organization of interest to your team and identify a quality management related problem(s) in the firm. Examples may be poor quality levels, high cost of quality, poor product or service design, high levels of internal or external failures, and so on. Feel free to add to this list if you need to.
- Your team is taking on the role as a quality management consultant firm and the executives of your chosen organization have asked you to submit a recommended direction to implement a quality management initiative to address the quality management related problem(s) you identified above (e.g., Six Sigma, lean principles, TQM, SPC, balanced scorecard, etc.).
- Your group will need to identify which of the course TCOs and specific topics in the Syllabus are related to the problem you identify.
- All papers must have a minimum of eight scholarly sources (other than textbook) cited within the text of the paper and identified in the References section.
- Additional research sources can be attached in an appendix.
- All sources must be in two place: They need to be identified in the References section and must also have a corresponding citation in the body of the paper.
- To access and use EBSCOhost for your research, use this link: http://proxy.devry.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip&custid=ns123107
- All resources for the paper should come from the DeVry library and must be of scholarly/journal quality.
- Use the librarians for assistance in accessing materials.
Please note: Articles found online (consulting company websites, Internet magazines, or other blogs) will not be considered acceptable scholarly resources. Conduct your research through a library where you can be assured that the sources are of scholarly quality. For example, please do not use Wikipedia!
- All papers should be single sided, double spaced, and written in 12-point Times New Roman font.
- The paper should be between 10 and 12 pages, excluding the cover page, reference pages, and appendices.
- The first page should include the title of the work, student name, address, telephone and e-mail address, course number, date, and instructor’s name.
- Follow APA style for general format and citations.
- Paper sections must adhere to the guidelines below and each section must be labeled in the text.
- The language should be clear, concise, and precise.
- The tone should be professional, consistent, and not filled with jargon.
- Grammar and syntax (sentence structure) must be correct.
- The report must be free of misspellings and typos.
Tables and Figures
- All figures and tables must be referred to in your text before they appear on the page.
- Figures and tables should appear on the same page as the text that refers to them, or on the next page.
- All figures and tables need captions. Captions go below figures and above tables.
Quotations and Citations
- Quotations and citations are crucial components of a research paper.
- Failure to properly cite research sources and borrowed ideas is plagiarism.
- Papers submitted without citations and references will be returned to the student with no grade.
- Refer to the APA style guide for assistance with properly citing quoted and/or borrowed materials and ideas.