Proposal Part 2: Research Plan Title- -Suicidal behaviour/ideation is becoming more prevalent within Australia, what strategies can clinician use to best support their clients? Task Description Write a research Plan for an original empirical study.
The plan must incorporate:
• Introduction incl. brief review and critique of literature on suicide in Australian, including gap in knowledge which ends with the study’s aim & RQ (The Aim: To explore and understand the lived experiences of suicide behaviour/ideation and how this can be interpreted to improve and inform practice and develop programs into the future to assist both practitioners and clients. Research Question :The lived experiences of Adult Survivors of Suicidal behaviour/ideation and what they believe would be an effective intervention to reduce risk and prevent suicide?
• Description & justification of research methods (design, sampling, data collection, analysis)
• Discussion of research ethics (for applied studies),
• Timeline & resources/budget, and
• Critical appraisal of proposed study (highlighting strengths & justifying limitations) In this proposal, it needs to be argued that there is a gap in knowledge worth investigating (into & lit erature review), and that the proposed research methods (methodology) to address the research question is the most suitable/appropriate approach to answer this question and contribute to the identified gap in knowledge. The proposed study is to be an applied study, applied research involves collecting original, empirical data. Information in the method section for applied studies must describe what the study involves and how it will be designed, and justify how these characteristics are important for answering the proposed research question (e.g., qualitative approach, who the target population is & how will they be recruited, what types of data are to be collected, how data are to be analysed). Consideration of how the study will be conducted ethically must also be discussed. Title- Suicidal behaviour/ideation is becoming more prevalent within Australia, what strategies can clinician use to best support their clients? Structure (applied research Plan)
Please use this structure 1. Title 2. Introduction (10 marks)
• Background – Introduce reader to topic; define key concepts; emphasise importance of topic – Suicide in Australia (put in own words Within Australia in 2020, there were 3,139 people who died by suicide, 2,384 of these were males, while 755 were females (AIHW, 2020). Death by suicide is the main cause of death for people below 25 years in Australia with males more predisposed than females to die from suicide across all ages (De Leo, 2015). While females were reported to be two thirds more predisposed to engaging in suicide ideation and self-harming behaviours (AIHW, 2020). Add little more information.)
• Literature review – What have previous research done/found in this area? (brief review and critique of literature on suicide in Australian, including gap in knowledge )(Put in own words & add further information- Despite several past efforts by various researchers and institutions to research about causes and motivations behind suicide, there is still little knowledge and facts known about suicide behaviour and ideation (Ross et.al, 2017). This minimal knowledge is not efficient enough to stimulate adequate efforts and strategies to combat this behaviour (Ross et.al, 2017). There is also a great disparity in suicidal knowledge from previous articles and research which have not sufficiently uncovered factors behind suicidal behaviour and their possible solutions.
• What is/are the gap(s) in knowledge? -limited knowledge of lived experiences of adults struggling with suicide ideation/behaviour. To inform practice and subsequent treatment. Efficacy of treatments/barriers to engaging in treatments and programs
• Aim & RQ – How will your proposed research address this gap in knowledge? Aim-To explore and understand the lived experiences of suicide behaviour/ideation and how this can be interpreted to improve and inform practice and develop programs into the future to assist both practitioners and clients. and Research Question :The lived experiences of Adult Survivors of Suicidal behaviour/ideation and what they believe would be an effective intervention to reduce risk and prevent suicide?
• 3. Method (35 marks)
• Design – Qualitative study
• What specific type of qualitative approach will be employed? Interviews & questionnaires will be employed?
• Why is this the best approach to answer the RQ? A qualitative approach would be more suitable for my chosen study as I would like to focus on the lived experiences/perceptions related to suicidal behaviour/suicidal ideation. Also lived experiences is not a quantitative approach and therefore data is not quantifiable, rather (lived experiences) it is rich and descriptive which aligns more with the qualitative approach).
• Sample – Who is your target population? -The population of interest in this study will focus on adults ranging from the age of 18-95, who have been classed as high risk due to previous suicidal attempts or ideation. The population age was also chosen due to ethical considerations and informed consent of the lived experiences of the study participants.
• How many participants should be recruited (& provide evidence)? What sampling method will be used (random/non-random; what specific type of random/nonrandom sampling method)? How will this be done? Why is this the best approach to answer the RQ?
• Data collection – What data (outcomes/measures) do you need to collect? How do you plan to collect required data? Consider rigour.
• Analysis – How will you analyse data? For qualitative: What type of analysis would be most appropriate to examine your data? What process(es) will be involved? Justify. 4. Ethics (20 marks)
• Statement that ethical clearance will be sought
• Ethical considerations need to be taken into account, with reference to specific ethical principles including AASW code of ethics
• As described there is no room for negotiation on ethics. If the study cannot be completed ethically, it cannot proceed. Given this, it is important to include an explicit statement on ethics to demonstrate that the project can be completed ethically. The section will include: • An explanation of how the project meets the ethical principles outlined in the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research
• A consideration of any vulnerable populations included in your study.
• A statement that ethical clearance will be sought from relevant committees and authorities. (It should be clear based on your proposal that clearance would be provided).
• There should be no surprises in this section because you have already addressed ethical challenges at each step of your method. This section may therefore be relatively succinct. 5. Research Plan & critical appraisal (20 marks)
• Timeline (Gantt chart) – not included in word count
• Budget –
• Strengths and weaknesses of study methodology discussed. Limitations (e.g., threats to validity and/or reliability, etc.) described and justified
• Conclude that, overall, the study is worthwhile to conduct. Emphasise importance of study and what implications/applications potential findings might have for practice/theory/future research.
• (This section provides a timeline and budget to demonstrate that the project can be completed in a reasonable time and within a reasonable budget.
This section includes:
• A brief statement about the major milestones for the project
• A Gantt chart. A Gantt chart breaks the project into discrete tasks and provides a timeline for each task. This allows you to plan more than one task at a time and see at a glance when each activity will commence and conclude. An example template is provided in the Assessment folder.
• A brief statement about the resources required.
• A table setting out the resources and budget for the project. This is a simple table that lists the resources required, costs associated with each resource, and a total overall cost.)
Welcome to one of the bestassignmenthelpcompanies online .
· Do you want to order for a customized assignment help task?
· Click on the order now button
· Set up your topic, Fix the number of pages, Fix your Order instructions
· Set up your deadline, upload the necessary files required to complete the task, Complete the payment.
We delivery high quality and non plagiarized tasks within the stipulated time given