CLS4011-U Lab report data analysis guidance
You have been provided with a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet containing two tabs: one has the data for the DMSO samples (no allopurinol) and the second has the data for allopurinol-treated samples.
The data on each tab shows three time-courses of absorbance data, each one is a separate experiment. You will need to analyse all 3 experiments (for both treatments) to allow you to do the statistical analysis of your data.
How to analyse your data
- For each data point, use the Beer-Lambert law to determine the concentration of uric acid. Information on this is available on the assignment brief page (on the module Canvas site), and in the laboratory manual (also available on the Canvas site).
- Next, for each data point, convert the calculated concentrations into an amount (i.e., number of moles). You should already know how to do this from your previous biology and chemistry knowledge.
- Then, determine the initial linear rate of reaction at each substrate concentration (HINT: plotting a graph for each one of amount of uric acid produced versus time (minutes) and determining the gradient of the line will help you do this).
- Use these calculated rates, and the substrate concentrations to do the Michaelis-Menten analysis for both treatments (HINT: The lab manual tells you how to do this, but you will need to do some self-directed information gathering to work out how to tell what sort of inhibitor you have).
Welcome to one of the bestassignmenthelpcompanies online .
· Do you want to order for a customized assignment help task?
· Click on the order now button
· Set up your topic, Fix the number of pages, Fix your Order instructions
· Set up your deadline, upload the necessary files required to complete the task, Complete the payment.
We delivery high quality and non plagiarized tasks within the stipulated time given