Assignment Objective: Understand the purpose of the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA). Emergency departments are high-risk areas that tend to be a main source of lawsuits for hospitals. Results of the Harvard Medical Practice Study revealed that the hospital emergency department is a “real hot spot” for negligence. Both federal and state regulations, as well as standards set by accrediting agencies, may be considered by the courts to establish the duty of hospital emergency departments to provide emergency care to those who present themselves with the need for such care. Under the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) emergency departments must adhere to the standards of care they have set for themselves , as well as to national standards. In this topic paper provide the following :
1. Provide an overview of EMTALA including historical perspective, and intent
2. Define emergency medical condition
3. What does the term “Hospital” include?
4. Define the 250 yard rule
5. Discuss three Key provisions of ETALA?
6. What are the penalties for hospitals and physicians?
Reference the material you read in Chapter 6 as well as basic web research. Submit informative essay, 4-5 pages, typed, double spaced, 12 font, Times New Roman, APA format.
Welcome to one of the bestassignmenthelpcompanies online .
· Do you want to order for a customized assignment help task?
· Click on the order now button
· Set up your topic, Fix the number of pages, Fix your Order instructions
· Set up your deadline, upload the necessary files required to complete the task, Complete the payment.
We delivery high quality and non plagiarized tasks within the stipulated time given