Write a 6 page three-part written analysis of workplace investigations, dispute resolution processes, and the impact of unions on alternative dispute processes.
- Describe the grievance process, dispute resolution options, and protection of employees from retaliation.
- Analyze processes and key issues for conducting a legal workplace investigation.
- Compare alternative dispute resolution processes.
- Examine the impact of labor unions on employee-employer relationships.
- Assess the impact of unions on the alternative dispute resolution process.
- Communicate professionally with all stakeholders.
- Write in a clear, well-organized manner with the required number of resources to support a central idea, with no technical writing errors, as expected of a business professional.
The following resource is required to complete Part 1 of the assessment.
- Sexual Harassment Workplace Scenarios Document.
- For this assessment, analyze the value of efficient workplace investigations, effective alternative dispute resolution processes, and the impact unions have on alternate dispute resolutions (ADRs).
Part 1: Hostile Work Environment Investigation
Analyze processes and key issues for conducting a legal workplace investigation.
- Read the Sexual Harassment Workplace Scenarios and select one scenario to respond to the following:
- Brainstorm some investigatory questions you would like to ask the employees involved.
- Discuss if the employee’s actions arise to the level of hostile workplace harassment.
- Explain how the interview questions you would like to ask would be legally compliant with a hostile work environment investigation.
Part 2: Alternative Dispute Resolutions
Compare alternative dispute resolutions.
- Respond to the following questions, using your current organization for context, if possible, so that you can include your insights into organizational culture and norms.
- What are the three most important things you would be concerned about if charged with creating a new ADR process for an organization?
- How would you ensure that employees would not face retaliation?
- How would you compare ADR practices, including negotiation, mediation, and arbitration?
- In what ways are these practices similar and different?
Part 3: Different Unions, Different Issues
Assess the impact of unions on the ADR process.
- Respond to the following questions, using your current organization for context or another organization that is unionized:
- How might having a union involved help or hinder the process for investigations?
- Does the issue change with the presence of a union?
- What are the benefits to the organization and employee for having a union?
- Length: Your analysis should consist of three distinct sections. Use headings to organize each section of 2 double-spaced pages. Include a references page at the end.
- Written communication: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and professional. Your writing should be:
- Concise and logically organized.
- Free of errors in grammar and mechanics.
- Validation and support: Use 3–4 relevant and credible scholarly or professional resources to support your work.
- APA formatting: Format all citations and references in accordance with current APA guidelines.