ASSIGNMENT 1 900 words NITV/Media: Personal Reflection and Analysis: Personal reflection and analysis of the issues raised through NITV programs.
1. Watch NITV/Media nightly news programs/current affairs Documentaries, and one other program scheduled on NITV, Chanel 34, (free to air) or Channel 172 (Foxtel).
2. Conduct further independent research on the issues and matters raised within your viewing.
3. Reflect on your own personal feelings about the issues raised, the way the issues are raised and how the issues are presented in both programs watched.
4. Write a personal reflection and analysis which stories your journey of this viewing experience.
This is not a description of what you have watched. Due date: 11.59pm 14 August 2021 Weighting: 25% Length and/or format: 1000 Words Purpose:
This assignment seeks to challenge your understanding and connect you with current material which reflects the issues and lived realities of Indigenous peoples. Regular viewing will also provide you with an opportunity to appreciate the rich diversity of peoples and cultures within this continent. Learning outcomes assessed: 1, 2, 3 & 4 How to submit: TURNITIN via LEO Return of assignment: 3 weeks’ post submission via TURNITIN Assessment criteria: The essay will be marked by your tutor using the following criteria.
• Clear and Concise Introduction and Conclusion
• Reflection and critical analysis
• Clear and coherent structure and development of ideas
• Creative thinking *NITV/Media: Personal Reflection and Analysis: Students will research two stories in the media (using social media, print media and broadcast media) that have occurred in the past 12 months regarding Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples. Reflect on and analyse the significance of the stories in light of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and histories. For consideration:
• From whose perspective was the story portrayed. Has the story been depicted differently elsewhere?
• How does this story link with government policies?
• How does it align with any learnings within this unit?
Students will prepare a personal reflection on the stories and its impact on themselves and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.