The paper defined CSR as “a concept whereby companies integrate social and environmental concerns in their business operations and in their interaction with their stakeholders on a voluntary basis”.
Relevant research topics in CSR and corporate sustainability suggested by Archie Carroll
- Corporate Social Performance.
- Creating Shared Value (CSV)
- Corporate Citizenship.
- Corporations and Business Purpose.
- Ethics and Boards of Directors.
- Business-Government Interactions
Corporate social responsibility is traditionally broken into four categories: environmental, philanthropic, ethical, and economic responsibility
Some of the most common examples of CSR include:
- Reducing carbon footprints.
- Improving labor policies.
- Participating in fairtrade.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Charitable global giving.
- Community and virtual volunteering.
- Corporate policies that benefit the environment.
- Socially and environmentally conscious investment