: a careful study of something to learn about its parts, what they do, and how they are related to each other
: an explanation of the nature and meaning of something
Instructions: Write an analytical essay about the New York Times article “The Mysterious Life of Birds Who Never Come Down.” Professor Brown used the Lone Star College Library Research Database “U.S. Major Dailies” to access the article.
In this essay we demonstrate our reading and writing skills upon entry into Composition and Rhetoric II. Questions we seek to answer: Does the student know how to pre-write (brainstorming, clustering, outlining, freewriting, etc.)? Does the student know how to organize an essay? Can the student compose a thesis? Can the student effectively support the thesis? Does the student know how to structure a paragraph? Does the student understand the difference between formal and informal writing? Does the student know the difference between summary and analysis?
We might ask ourselves some of the following to aid in our analysis of the text:
How does the author apply pathos, ethos, and/or logos?
Does the writer champion a cause? If so, what?
Do we agree with the author? Why or why not?
Who would be impacted if the writer has her/his/their way, and would this be a change for the better?
What is at stake for those impacted?
Would those impacted agree with the writer?
Do we care about this issue? Why or why not?
Why should or should not one care?
Why might we find an article like this in a newspaper?
What purpose does reading this article serve?
Student Learning Outcomes Addressed:
3. Write in a style that clearly communicates meaning, builds credibility, and inspires belief or action.
4. Analyze, interpret, and evaluate a variety of texts for the ethical and logical uses of evidence.
Welcome to one of the bestassignmenthelpcompanies online .
· Do you want to order for a customized assignment help task?
· Click on the order now button
· Set up your topic, Fix the number of pages, Fix your Order instructions
· Set up your deadline, upload the necessary files required to complete the task, Complete the payment.
We delivery high quality and non plagiarized tasks within the stipulated time given